HomeLifeSpiked seltzer cocktails 

Spiked seltzer cocktails 

Because there ain’t no laws when you’re drinking claws, baby 

Huskies Tavern has made waves this year with their new “Dog Bowls.” While slightly smaller than Ted’s famous “Beavers,” they are cheaper and come in a variety of trendy flavors, and include ingredients like rosé and Truly. Summer’s not done yet, meaning it’s still the season of the spiked seltzer. But sometimes, a night out is too much effort. (Or you don’t want to publicly drink alone, and that’s okay, too.) So here are a few viable options for spiked seltzer cocktails you can make in the comfort of your own home (and in slightly more manageable quantities).  

Truly Sangria 

Ingredients: 

6 oz. Truly Spiked & Sparkling Sicilian Blood Orange 

2 oz. red wine 

Assorted citrus fruits 

Assorted fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries) 

Brandy 

If you’re planning to make this sangria, first be sure to pre-soak your fruit in the brandy overnight. Pour the fruit and brandy mixture into a glass and add ice. Combine the Truly and red wine over the fruit and ice. Garnish with an orange slice and enjoy. 

Raspberry Mint Spiked Seltzer Spritzer 

Ingredients:  

3 raspberries 

3 mint Leaves 

½ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice 

2 raspberry rosé ice cubes 

Sliced lemon wheel and sprig of mint, for garnish 

8 oz. hard seltzer (flavor of your choice) 

To make the rosé ice cube, simply place a raspberry at the bottom of an ice tray and fill with rosé. Freeze until solid. For the spritzer, muddle the raspberries, mint leaves and lemon juice in the bottom of a glass. Add two raspberry rosé ice cubes and top with the seltzer. Add lemon and mint as garnish before serving. This is definitely a light, summery drink, and you can individualize it by using your favorite flavor of seltzer.  

Black Cherry Lemonade 

Ingredients:  

6 oz. lemonade 

Half can of White Claw Black Cherry Hard Seltzer 

2 oz. cherry juice 

Mix all ingredients together in a glass, over ice. Serve with halved cherries and a lemon slice. Lemonade can be substituted for limeade depending on preference.  

Truly Spicyrita 

Ingredients: 

6 oz. Truly Spiked & Sparkling Colima Lime 

1 1/2 oz. jalapeno infused tequila 

Juice from three wedges of lime 

Pinch of salt for garnish 

Thinly sliced chili pepper for garnish 

To make this carbonated version of a margarita, combine Truly Spiked & Sparkling Lime, lime juice and jalapeno infused tequila. Infuse with additional chili pepper slices for a bigger kick. 

Pour over ice and rim glass with salt. Garnish with a pepper slice floating on the drink. 

For a really simple mixed drink, add spiked seltzer to any juice. Or, substitute the hard version for any non-alcoholic seltzer in your favorite cocktail! Please drink responsibly.

Thumbnail photo by @whiteclaw Instagram

“Thirsty Thursday is created by of-age students in the Daily Campus Life section. Recommendations can be sent to life@dailycampus.com. We will respond if sober.”