Welcome back, Huskies!

0
0

Spring 2020 semester is finally under way at UConn. Here are some things that haven’t changed and some new things to expect.  Photo by Charlotte Lao/The Daily Campus.

Spring 2020 semester is finally under way at UConn. Here are some things that haven’t changed and some new things to expect. Photo by Charlotte Lao/The Daily Campus.

The slamming of car trunks. The sidewalks packed with life. The harsh winds on Fairfield Way. It can only mean one thing: School is back in session! Though many may be wishing for another week of break, we should all be excited to usher the University of Connecticut into the 2020s.  

As cold as it may be right now, spring semester always feels so much more full of life. In the fall, the days get shorter as the semester goes on. When students are already feeling stressed about exams and projects, they feel they have less time to do them. Of course, the break being so late doesn’t help in this feeling. Now, we are able to experience the campus’s yearly rebirth. It’s always refreshing to see people playing ultimate frisbee during finals week, full of hope to contrast the anxiety of the exams. 

Spring is also filled with a special sort of energy as graduation nears. The Class of 2020 is finishing its time at UConn this semester. While this will surely make some seniors feel a certain kind of way, it should be cause for celebration! The end of undergrad means the start of something fresh and new, fitting for the season. 

So rejoice, Huskies! We can clear our mind from last semester and get ready for the one to come. Full of new classes and friends, a bit of rejuvenation is much in need. Good luck, and we look forward to a new newsworthy semester. 

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by individual writers in the opinion section do not reflect the views and opinions of The Daily Campus or other staff members. Only articles labeled “Editorial” are the official opinions of The Daily Campus.