Downtown Storrs has a new website

0
0
exc-5add40b76d2a739567b89714

The new website for downtown Storrs has a list of all the places in located there with their according links and a calendar about events in Paterson Square, Paterson said. (downstownstorrs.org/screenshot)

Downtownstorrs.org, a new website for downtown Storrs, makes it easier for residents and visitors to find information, especially about downtown Storrs’ business and events, Kathleen Paterson, Communications and Special Projects Manager for the Mansfield Downtown Partnership, Inc,. said. 

The website has a list of all the places in downtown Storrs with their according links and a calendar about events in Paterson Square, Paterson said.

“As part of the Partnership’s ongoing efforts to promote Downtown Storrs, we want to make it easy for residents and visitors to find information about our downtown businesses and events,” Paterson said. “Our new website has everything in one place so visitors can easily see what’s happening downtown, check out dining and shopping options and find out how to get here.”

The Mansfield Downtown Partnership previously housed all of the information about downtown Storrs and about the Partnership on one website (mansfieldct.org/mdp), Paterson said. She said this made it difficult for users to find the information they were looking for.

“We found that sometimes the visitor information was difficult to find, so we created a second website just for Downtown Storrs,” Paterson said. “The new website has a comprehensive downtown business directory, an event calendar specific to Downtown Storrs, information about the Partnership’s annual events and information about transportation options.”

The new website is now mobile-friendly, Paterson said. The website address, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have the same handles: @DowntownStorrs).

“Our new website has everything in one place so visitors can easily see what’s happening downtown, check out dining and shopping options, find out how to get here, etc.,” Paterson said.

Paterson said the Mansfield Downtown Partnership has received good feedback about the website.

“We have received very positive feedback on the new site,” Paterson said. “Residents, visitors and business owners have said they like the new event calendar and find the website easier to use overall.”

Rachel Philipson is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at rachel.philipson@uconn.edu.